Below are the courses that are scheduled locally, who they are aimed at and roughly how many places the club will fund. Funding will be on a first come first served basis so best to book ASAP! Courses must be booked online and a refund claimed back from the club. Please let Sally know when and what you book so we can keep a track. If you are not certain on what is right for you then take a look at the EH website for more guidance or chat to Sally or Richard Ross.
1. Engaging Games for Children Module: Monday 3rd April 7-10pm, Chelmer Park
Closing date for booking 22nd March or when full. Aimed at all coaches who coach children regardless of coaching experience. The club will fund 6 places.
2. Coaching for Club Players Module: Friday 7th April, 6-9pm, Culford School, Bury St Edmunds IP28 6TX
Closing date for booking 28th March or when full. Aimed at all coaches who coach non-elite adult players regardless of coaching experience. The club will fund 6 places.
3. Coaching for Talent Module: Tuesday 11th April, 6.30-9.30pm, Chelmer Park (was integrating GKs but EH have changed it)
Aimed at coaches of 1st/2nd XIs in regional leagues. Club will fund 2 places.
4. Introduction to Hockey: Sunday 7th May, Essex Uni, Colchester
Aimed at those with less than 1 year’s experience on the pitch and with no coaching qualifications. Club will fund 5 places
5. Sessional Hockey Coach: Sunday 23rd April and Saturday 6th May
Aimed at coaches wanting to lead a session with club players (or support an elite session) and with minimum 1 year’s on pitch coaching experience. Gives coach insurance to lead a session.Club will fund 11 places.
Book all courses here:
Places are first come first served and only secure when booked and paid for online. Participants must be 16 years + to attend.
Other courses that hopefully will be available to book shortly but not yet confirmed:
6. England Hockey Coach: likely to be in Bury St Edmunds in June/July
Aimed at coaches wanting to lead an elite session and with minimum 2 year’s on pitch coaching experience. Club will fund 5 places.