Junior Players – Guide for match play
There are three types of team in which you may play as a junior member of the club. These are ……
- Mini-hockey teams – for all players up to the age of 13
- These teams do not play on a full sizes pitch and they have a reduced number of players in each team. Matches are played for a shorter period of time. Players will be selected for these teams by the junior coaches from the coaching sessions that take place on Sunday mornings, according to the rules of the matches to be played.
- Full junior teams – for players in the under 14 to under 18 age groups
- Full team sides are run for the under 14 through to under 18 boys and girls throughout the season.
- Full adult teams
- There is the opportunity for the very experienced junior players to participate as full and regular members of adult league teams when they reach the age of 13. They will need to pay a match fee for these games but no additional subs. They can also attend senior training at no additional cost.
Parents General Guide
- Whichever team your child belongs to, the junior players guide and junior players code of conduct are equally applicable
- At whichever level your child is playing, it will be necessary to pay a membership fee. Match fees only apply to senior games.
- This will vary according to your child’s age, the type of match and its venue. The team manager or coach will inform you of the cost.
- Membership and match fees for junior players are set at the Annual General Meeting of the club.
- Your child will not be permitted to take part in any coaching session or match unless you have completed and registered a parental consent form with the Membership secretary.
- Parents remain responsible at all times for informing managers and coaches of any illness, injury or change in medical condition of their child.
- Parents remain responsible at all times for checking and overseeing their child’s arrival at and collection from training and travel arrangements to and from matches.
Remember hockey is a fast and furious game which is played in all weathers through the Autumn, Winter and Spring seasons., SO……..
- Players are expected to wear shin pads at all training sessions and matches
- Players are expected to wear a properly fitted gum-shield.
- Players MUST come dressed properly and suitably for active participation in sport.
- Astro boots or trainers are a must when playing on an artificial surface – no studded or bladed football boots or shoes.
- Suitable shorts, skirt or tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt or polo shirt for training sessions.
- Club shirt, shorts or skirt and socks for matches.
- Plenty of warm sweatshirts and sports tops for starts and ends of sessions.
- Suitable wet-weather jackets or cagoules for damp or wet conditions.
- Players should bring plenty of fluids to drink – but no fizzy drinks or glass bottles.
- Players must register with team managers and coaches on arrival.