Some members may be aware of England Hockey’s recent announcement that they have obtained Government agreement for their plan for hockey to move from Stage 2 to Stage 4 of EH’s Return to Play plan announced earlier this summer.
This plan includes provision for training and playing in groups of up to 30 and is a natural step in our gradual return to normality. While this move will be welcomed by all of us, it is important that members appreciate that we, as a club, cannot move to Stage 4 until we have put various mitigating actions in place so, for the time being, there is currently no change to what we can and can’t do.
Your management committee is currently reviewing the details of the EH plan and forming their own action plan, which includes piloting some supervised training sessions with more than 12 people on the pitch, albeit still in groups of no more than six. More will be revealed of these plans in the coming days.
In the meantime, the current pitch booking system and rules of use will remain in force and are fully covered in our previous announcement:
- All usage of the pitch must be pre-booked using the online booking system.
- Pitch slots start on the hour and end at 10 minutes to the hour.
- All bookings are chargeable at the documented rate.
- Sessions are restricted to a maximum of 6 people, including coaches, in each half of the pitch.
- Maintain social distancing at all times.
- Participants should arrive and depart promptly to avoid any overlap with other groups.
- Participants should bring all their own equipment including, but not limited to, sticks, balls, cones, first aid equipment, etc. Please DO NOT use club equipment.
- Please DO NOT touch or move goals.
The full England Hockey announcement can be viewed here…