Players take part in a range of training sessions to develop their skills and begin to stretch them beyond school and club hockey.
How do I get involved?
- Players are usually nominated by their school or club to attend a Development Centre
- Players can be nominated from the age of 12-16
- Players who want to play more hockey and develop their skills outside of school or club hockey should attend a Development Centre
What are the entry and exit points?
Players can join a Development Centre at any point during the cycle but, depending on location, Centres will run at different points during the season. Details of running dates can be obtained from your County Administrator. Following Development Training you will be invited to attend Academy Assessment and maybe invited to join Essex Hockey Academy.
Who is it run by?
All Development Centres are run by County Hockey Associations (HAs) but they may also be run on a HA’s behalf by clubs, schools or coaching companies.
ESSEX COUNTY HOCKEY ASSOCIATION DEVELOPMENT CENTRES
This year we are holding 3 Development Training days for each age group, you may attend one or two days for your age group. It will be the same training at each session.
PLEASE NOTE : THIS YEARS ESSEX ACADEMY PLAYERS CANNOT ATTEND
The cost is £30
The format will be registration, 1st training session, lunch, 2nd training session & departure
GIRLS / BOYS
- Girls 29th June – Boys 30th June: BRAINTREE HOCKEY CLUB CM7 5LJ
- Girls 13th July – Boys 14th July: OLD SOUTHENDIAN HOCKEY CLUB SS2 5RE
- Girls 20th July – Boys 21st July: COOPERS COBORN SCHOOL UPMINSTER RM14 3HS
UNDER 12’S (BORN 2008) & UNDER 13’S (BORN 2007) ARRIVE AT 10.00, FINISH 15.00
UNDER 14’S (BORN 2006) & UNDER 15’S (BORN 2005) ARRIVE AT 11.30, FINISH 16.30
PLEASE BRING DRINKS, LUNCH, SUNSCREEN, SHIN PADS, GUM SHIELDS, HOCKEY STICK AND WEAR HOCKEY KIT (NOT CLUB KIT) RAIN JACKET AND CHANGE OF KIT
Register using the link: https://www.playerpathway.englandhockey.co.uk/
Click on “New player to the System” button.
Register all your information including medical details and parental consent and set up a direct debit payment for £30, t-shirt included within the cost.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm which day/days you are attending & which size t-shirt you require (9-11, 12-13 or small adult) by 21st June 2019
(N.B. late bookers may not get a t-shirt).