As a proud member of the hockey family Chelmsford Hockey Club is committed to meeting its obligations in all aspects of child welfare. All of our Senior and Junior Coaches, Senior Captains and Junior and Senior Managers are made aware of their responsibilities for the welfare of all U18s and vulnerable adults up to the age of 25. These include, but are not limited to the following sections.
- England Hockey – RESPECT Code of Ethics and Behaviour
- England Hockey’s Safeguarding and Protecting Young People in Hockey Policy
- England Hockey’s Equality Policy
- England Hockey – Good Practice When Working with Young People
- England Hockey – Recognising Abuse and How to Report It
- Chelmsford Hockey Club Specific Policies
Introducing our new Welfare Officer: Amanda Waite
Amanda supports and promotes good safeguarding practice and is the point of contact for all our members, parents, coaches, managers and players. Amanda has completed specific Safeguarding and Welfare Officer training, so if anyone has any concerns they should contact her directly on 07866 422828 or 01245 475515 or email her.
If you have immediate concerns that a child, young person or vulnerable adult is in danger from harm please call 999 or NSPCC’s free 24 hour helpline on 0808 800 5000 in the first instance. Amanda’s details are also noted on the club website and on the poster in the clubhouse. It is advised that all coaches and managers have Amanda’s telephone number on them at all times. Kath MacDonald is also a Welfare Officer and can be contacted via email or 07789265809.